Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Friend, Fran!

I've known Fran for about 10 years now. In my Junior year of high School, When Steve and I first started "talking", I used to call Journey's church office at least 4 or 5 times a day to talk to Steve. He was on the facilities team, back then. Fran was the lady in the office who would answer the phone whenever I'd call. I knew my calling was getting obsessive at one point, so one day, I faced the bummer reality that I really needed to stop calling so much...and got the bright idea to change my name when I called. So...most of the time, when I used to anxiously await every word spoken with Steve, my name was usually Lauren, but sometimes I'd change it to Vanessa or Julie just so "Fran" didn't think I called too often. After I graduated high school, I heard that Journey was looking to hire a receptionist. Fran was the "office leader" at that time, and although I was intimidated, I filled out an application. She must have really liked talking to me on the phone so often, because she ended up hiring me to be Journey's receptionist in 2001. I truly believe that meeting Fran and working under her leadership has been monumental for me. I would consider her friendship truly divine, and one that I will ALWAYS cherish.

Fran is one of the most INCREDIBLY talented people I know. She is creative, organized, caring, down to earth, extremely passionate about God's calling on her life, and well...she teaches me hip hop! Before Steve and I got married, I'd often find reasons to spend the night at Fran's house and we'd spend lots of time talking about our "high school days". Fran was of course a "goodie goodie" her entire life...like me!

We had so much fun working together in the office, and when we needed to take care of business, Fran always knew how to put me in check!

Last night, we went out to dinner with Fran and her awesome husband J.R. We all love sushi so, Onami was the ticket!


MMmmmmmm!!! Now that's good stuff!


After dinner we went back to Fran's house to hang out with their girls, Malia and Kiani. These girls deserve an entire separate post of their own! I love them so much, and am continually AMAZED at the incredibly talented young women that they are. They're both amazing dancers. I took some time to teach them the "Crank That - Soulja Boy" dance last night. They're really coming along with the moves...Kiani just needs a little more attitude during the "Rooooo" part at the beginning. I'm sure she'll get it soon.





I love you, Fran. Can't wait for you guys to come visit us in N.C. I'll miss you sooo much.

2 comments:

hula4jesus said...

Lauren - thanks for the kind words in your post! You and Steve are the ones who have blessed my family's lives! We love you all and will miss you sooooooooooooooooooooo very, very much!!

TK said...

We are going to Onami for lunch tomorrow per Esthers request. Glad you guys had such a nice evening.