Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blogging Tip Numero Uno

INTENTIONAL POSTING: Keep in mind that the post on your blog RIGHT NOW is what defines you!

I met a really cool gal at one of our games a few weeks ago. She came up to Steve and I and told us that she'd been coming to Journey with her family for a while and that she'd recognized us from singing at the services. After we talked for a while and got to hear her story, we got on the topic of blogging. She mentioned that she read one of my friend's blogs and thought it was really great and interesting. I then responded by saying "yes, I read that blog frequently and did you know that you can get to MY blog from that person's blog?" (Here's where today's lesson comes in) She said "YES!! I've read your blog!! I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!"

Hmmmmm... Recipes? I've only posted ONE post about a recipe EVER on this blog, and well this made me realize that because she told me she loved my "recipes" (plural), this meant she has only looked at my blog ONCE and saw that it was a stupid recipe on how to make biscotti and I guess just figured my entire blog was about recipes and decided to blog lurk elsewhere.

I've been looking forward to this "stay at home, mom" stuff, but GEEZ...now I've turned into a 25 year old 50 year old. Who not only has enough time to BAKE, but I also have enough time on my hands to post (with pictures) about it.

Maybe I should start putting disclaimers on my posts about my TRUE coolness so that people aren't deceived into thinking I'm some old hag!

The most disturbing thing about the whole ordeal is, well, the fact that I actually DO have a separate blog from this one that IS dedicated to recipes. Crap. I AM an old hag. Sorry everyone!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

And...your separate blog is where I found your recipes! :) I was reading your blog a few weeks back and you had a link to your other blog and I looked into your recipes. It happened to be around the time you posted the tostadas and so I looked through all of them. I have to admit that most of them are not "up my ally" because I am a vegetarian, but I LOVE to cook and am always looking at new cook books and magazines for healthy ideas :)

So...don't underestimate yourself, or your blog!

I also really enjoyed you writing about becoming a sahm. Keep on blogging, girl! You're doing great! :)

ps...I had a great time talking with you today.

Lauren Faiai said...

Haha!! Of course you'd read THIS post! Thanks Kylee, for the encouragement!!

Sarah said...

Oh Lauren... you make me laugh.. and Kylee... I will find a veggie recipe for you. :)

Kylee said...

Sarah-I look forward to your veggie receipe!! AND....I think I might like to get in on the recipe blog...I have a few good ones of my own that I'd love to share...just remember that they are probably vegetarian :) Though, I can hang with the carnivore cookers, as well! :)

ps...I'm totally going to try the omlette in a bag!!

TK said...

Good tip. I'll add that to my most recent blog learnings from last week.