Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Battle

Lately I've been in a constant battle with God. The desire of my heart is to glorify Him in everything I say and do, and although we've devoted ourselves to full-time ministry, built deep relationships with people in attempts to be on a level to share Christ and the gospel, I still feel as though I am falling SOOOO completely short in glorifying God in my everyday life.


In realizing how completely out of control I am of my self and my life, I questioned why I do everything I do even when it doesn't accomplish my ultimate goal in Glorifying God.

This morning I came across this verse in John 6 which helped answer some of my selfish questions.

"Because of His teaching, many of his disciples turned back and no longer went about with Him. So Jesus asked the twelve, 'Do you also wish to go away?' Simon Peter answered him, 'Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.'"



Although I desire to glorify God, that is not why I follow Him. I follow Him because I am broken, so flawed and utterly dependent on his grace to get me through each day. God has the words of ETERNAL LIFE and is the HOLY ONE OF GOD. What stronger foundation can I put my hope in?

I am so thankful that when my heart doesn't glorify Him, He still desires me and loves me deeper than I could imagine and deeper than I could ever love Him.

Glory to You, God, for that.

1 comment:

TK said...

good post Lauren. I agree with you about desperately needing God to get me through each day.

What I"m also learning is how God can actually use someone as needy as me to bring glory to himself if I'm obedient to his call on my life.